This Turkey Bolognese Sauce is ready in just 30 minutes and is sure to impress. Let's be honest - as much as we would love to make a delicious Italian sauce by simmering it for hours - it's hard to find the time to do that. This bolognese sauce is made quick and easy by using a jar of marinara, but you would never know it because it's super bold and flavorful!
For the Bolognese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 24 ounce jar marinara (I like Rao's or Newman's Own)
- 1.5 teaspoons oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up, until cooked through and no longer pink. About 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in marinara, oregano, crushed red pepper (optional), salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, topped with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.