This Turkey Bolognese Sauce is ready in just 30 minutes and is sure to impress. Let's be honest - as much as we would love to make a delicious Italian sauce by simmering it for hours - it's hard to find the time to do that. This traditional meat sauce is made quick and easy by using a jar of marinara, but you would never know it because it's super bold and flavorful!
- Ground Turkey: I use 94% lean ground turkey for the bolognese. You could substitute ground beef if that's what you have on hand.
- Veggies: Diced carrots, celery, and onions.
- Garlic: Three cloves of minced garlic gives this sauce so much flavor!
- Marinara: The trick to a quick and easy bolognese sauce is to use a jar of marinara. I prefer Rao's or Newman's Own. You could also use homemade marinara.
- Seasoning: Oregano. Crushed Red Pepper (optional). Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Olive Oil: We'll use the olive oil to sauté the veggies.
- Basil: Top the bolognese with fresh basil when serving.
- Parmesan Cheese: Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese!
How to Make Turkey Bolognese Sauce
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the veggies and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up, until cooked through and no longer pink. This should take another 3-5 minutes.
Next, mix in the marinara and spices. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve the Turkey Bolognese topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
My favorite way to serve Turkey Bolognese is either over some Pappardelle, Spaghetti, or Bucatini. (I like Delallo brand) Here are some other ideas of what to serve with Bolognese sauce.
- Serve over your favorite type of pasta, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.
- Use as the sauce for lasagna.
- Mix with cooked brown or white rice, and use for stuffed peppers. Top with mozzarella.
More Italian Style RecipesPrint
Turkey Bolognese Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Seasoning Sauces Marinades
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American/Italian
This Turkey Bolognese Sauce is ready in just 30 minutes and is sure to impress. Let's be honest - as much as we would love to make a delicious Italian sauce by simmering it for hours - it's hard to find the time to do that. This bolognese sauce is made quick and easy by using a jar of marinara, but you would never know it because it's super bold and flavorful!
For the Bolognese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 24 ounce jar marinara (I like Rao's)
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, season with salt and cook, breaking up, until cooked through and no longer pink. About 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in marinara, oregano, crushed red pepper (optional), salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, topped with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.
Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 685.6 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 16.9 g
- Cholesterol: 59.3 mg
Keywords: bolognese, pasta sauce, ground turkey
Leave a Reply