Steak and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette is simple and refreshing. A bed of greens is topped with perfectly grilled steak, creamy avocado, red onions, and feta cheese. Then it's drizzled with a tangy and flavorful cilantro lime vinaigrette.
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, large stems removed
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
For the Salad
- 1 pound strip steak
- 6 cups crispy baby green leaf lettuce or romaine
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper, optional
- Season the steak. Generously season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside, about 15 minutes, at room temperature.
- Prepare the dressing. Place the cilantro, garlic clove, lime juice, and honey in a small food processor or blender. Season with sea salt. Pulse to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil and process until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- Grill the steak. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the steak for 3-5 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Assemble the salad. While the steak rests, assemble the salad. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Top each with avocado, red onion, and feta. Cut the steak into thin slices and divide among the salad plates.
- Serve. Drizzle with cilantro lime vinaigrette. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired.
If you don't have a small food processor or blender, you can simply finely chop the cilantro and garlic. Then whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
Keywords: steak and avocado salad, cilantro lime vinaigrette, strip steak, salad recipe, steak salad