This Chicken Sausage Veggie Skillet is a quick and easy meal that's ready in under 30 minutes. It's filled with fresh summer vegetables and sweet Italian chicken sausage.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pre-cooked sweet Italian chicken sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into (1-inch) squares
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, cut into (1-inch) squares
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and a splash of water. Cook 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway, until browned. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onions and peppers and cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften.
- Stir in the zucchini and tomatoes. Season with sea salt. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is at your desired tenderness.
- Add the sausage back into the skillet with the vegetables and cook for 1 more minute, stirring until combined.
- Serve warm, by itself, or over rice or noodles.
If your sausage isn't super flavorful, you can stir in 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning with your vegetables for added flavor. I like Smart Chicken Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage because it's loaded with flavor, but all sausage brands will vary.
Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 609.9 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 16.1 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg