This Cherry Tomato and Chicken Sausage Pasta is a quick and easy dish that's the perfect every day meal. It's bursting with flavor from the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil - and just screams summer!
- 8 ounces pasta
- 1/2 pound mild italian chicken sausage, casing removed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- dash of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage to the skillet. Cook, breaking up the sausage until cooked through and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Using a damp paper towel, wipe down the skillet. Heat one tablespoon olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook about 1 minutes until fragrant and golden. Add cherry tomatoes and season with sea salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the pasta is ready.
4. In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining.
5. Add pasta and sausage into the skillet with the tomatoes. Slowly mix in the reserved 1/4 cup of pasta water mixing well. Season with a dash of crushed red pepper.
6. Serve topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
You can substitute fully cooked sausage for the raw sausage. Just slice and brown before adding to the pasta.
If the chicken sausage is browning too quickly, add a splash of water to deglaze the pan.
Keywords: cherry tomato and chicken sausage pasta, summer, dinner recipes, pasta recipes