This Cannellini Bean and Sun Dried Tomato Salad is the perfect BBQ side, picnic dish, or light lunch. Serve with some fresh crusty bread, and glass of Rosé for a light summer meal.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Cannellini Beans: The main ingredient of this salad is cannellini beans, since they have a smooth texture and slightly nutty flavor. You just need 1 can (15 ounces). Rinse and drain them before adding to the salad.
Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil: For this recipe, you'll need ¼ cup of sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped. Their sunny, sweet flavor brightens this salad.
Red Onion and Garlic: If you're anything like me, then diced onions and minced garlic are a staple in your kitchen that make it into many recipes.
Crumbled Feta: Because Feta makes it better.
Basil: Slice up some fresh basil and toss it in.
Dressing: For a deliciously tangy salad dressing, use red wine vinegar and some of the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes. This oil is super flavorful and will take this salad to the next level.
Seasonings: Dash of crushed red pepper. Salt and pepper to taste.
Arugula: Mix in arugula just before serving so the leaves don't get soggy.
This salad can be ready in just 10 minutes - though it does taste best if you refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving to let all those flavors meld together. This summer salad is an easy recipe that is sure to impress.
More Salad Recipes
- Peach and Heirloom Tomato Caprese with Prosciutto
- Crunchy Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
- Peach Arugula Burrata Salad with Blackberries
- Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
This Cannellini Bean and Sun Dried Tomato Salad is the perfect BBQ side, picnic dish, or light lunch. Serve with some crackers or fresh crusty bread. Pairs well with a glass of Rosé.
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- ½ tablespoon olive oil (from jar of sun dried tomatoes)
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- dash of crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup arugula
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, except arugula. Mix well.
2. Mix in arugula just before serving.
For best flavor- refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.