You're going to love these Crispy Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes! They're a great side dish that go with just about anything. Serve them for a brunch or dinner side, or with some dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Boil the potatoes. Add potatoes to a medium pot. Fill with cold water so it covers the potatoes by about an inch. Season with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Drain and smash. Drain the potatoes, then place on a large baking sheet or work surface. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 400°F. Use the bottom of a glass to gently smash the potatoes. (Be sure to leave them somewhat thick to make it easy to transfer to the air fryer.)
- Season. Drizzle both sides with olive oil. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Air Fry. Place the smashed potatoes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You will likely need to cook these in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway, until crispy around the edges and golden. Repeat with remaining smashed potatoes.
- Heat all the smashed potatoes. After the last batch is done, add all the smashed potatoes back into the air fryer (don't worry about a single layer this time) and cook for 1-2 minutes until they're all heated through.
- Serve. Sprinkle with more sea salt as desired. Top with chopped parsley (optional). Serve warm and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and toppings.
If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these in a preheated oven at 425°. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway, until crispy and golden.
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in an oven preheated to 425° until warmed through.
Nutritional Values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 326.5 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: potatoes, smashed potatoes, air fryer smashed potatoes, air fryer potatoes