Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash is a delicious meatless meal or side dish. Roasted spaghetti squash is topped with sautéed tomatoes, garlic, and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2-3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil on each side and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place halves facedown on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until tender. Flip halves over to let cool for a few minutes until squash is cool enough to handle.
- While squash is cooling, prepare the tomatoes. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, until softened.
- Use a fork to scrape the insides of the spaghetti squash to make strands.
- Divide tomato mixture among the 2 spaghetti squash halves. Top each with 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella. Bake until melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Top each with fresh basil, serve and enjoy.
Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size: half a squash
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 17.7 g
- Sodium: 447.8 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.8 g
- Fiber: 9.6 g
- Protein: 6.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1.3 mg
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash