Slow Cooker Turkey and Bean Chili is going to be your new go-to chili recipe! It's easy to make and will definitely be a crowd pleaser. This is a simple weeknight dinner or football party food.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced with seeds and membranes removed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Sauté the turkey and onion. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and onion. Season with salt. Cook, breaking up the meat, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add ingredients to slow cooker. Place the cooked turkey and onions into the slow cooker. Add all the other ingredients and carefully stir to combine.
- Slow-cook. Cook, covered, on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste, if needed.
- Serve. Serve warm, with toppings, if desired.
- Though you can cook this chili on high for 3-4 hours, for the best flavor and texture, cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve chili with a side of tortilla chips and/or corn bread. You could also serve with a side salad or some fresh crusty bread.
- To store, once cooled refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Optional chili toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream or plain greek yogurt, diced red onion, sliced green onion, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeño, or chopped avocado
- Nutritional Values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 648.8 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 26.9 g
- Cholesterol: 84.1 mg
Keywords: turkey chili, chili recipe, chili