Are you looking for a fresh and fruity breakfast treat? Raspberry Lemon Scones are the perfect way to start your day!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter cubes, and cut in using a pastry cutter or your hands until small crumbles form. Refrigerate while you prepare the wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until combined. Stir the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredient mixture until a slightly sticky dough forms. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a flat 7 inch circle. Cut the dough into 8 even wedges using a sharp knife.
- Place the wedges onto a large parchment lined baking sheet, spacing them at least 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly brush the tops of the scones with milk. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops are light golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar and lemon juice until a glaze forms. Drizzle over warm scones. Serve and enjoy!
Cold ingredients are the key to light and flaky scones. Be sure to use cold butter and Greek yogurt straight from the fridge.
Don't overmix the dough. Overmixing can make the scones tough, so mix just until the dough comes together.
Nutritional Values (per serving) are approximates only
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 171.1 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 43.9 mg
Keywords: scones, raspberry, brunch, breakfast, pastry, greek yogurt