If you like pumpkin desserts, then you're going to love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. They have the flavor of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but the texture is super moist, light and fluffy. Almost cake-like. These bars are perfectly flavored with everyone's fall favorite- pumpkin spice!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray or oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and fine sea salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer cream together the unsalted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat on low speed until combined. Add in the pumpkin puree and beat on low speed until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon or silicone spatula, mix the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top, lightly pressing them so they stick into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Place the baking pan on a cooling rack and cool completely before cutting into squares to serve.
Recipe adapted from What's Gaby Cooking.