This Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl is a quick and easy weeknight meal. It's ready in less than 30 minutes and is filled with all those delicious summer flavors.
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain well. Bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a small saucepan. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, arrange the cherry tomato halves on one side of the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Season the chicken cutlets with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on the other half of the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into slices.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pesto to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Divide the quinoa among 2 bowls. Top each with sliced chicken, cherry tomatoes, and arugula. Drizzle with the remaining pesto and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
If the pesto is too thick for drizzling, you can thin it out with a splash or two of water.
Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutritional Values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 534.6 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.5 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 35.9 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: Pesto Chicken Quinoa Bowl, Grain Bowl, 30 Minute Meal, Dinner Recipe