If you want to eat seasonally fresh produce in the winter, this is the salad for you! This Cruciferous Crunch Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette is going to brighten your day. It's packed with crunchy winter produce, including kale, red cabbage, and brussels sprouts. Then topped with shredded carrots and sliced almonds. Finish it off with a drizzle of honey mustard vinaigrette.
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 cups kale, chopped with large stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Make the dressing. In a jar or glass add the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Shake or whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad. In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil. Using your hands, massage the kale about 1 minute until tender. Add the red cabbage, brussels sprouts, carrots, and sliced almonds. Drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette, and toss until combined.
- Serve. Serve as a meal or side dish and enjoy!
You can substitute the honey for maple syrup to make this vegan.
You can either use the slicing blade in a food processor or a sharp knife to shred the brussels sprouts.