These foolproof Chicken Fajita Tacos are simple to make in less than 30 minutes. Seasoned chicken is cooked until tender and juicy, then tossed with sautéed onions and peppers.
Fajita Seasoning Marinade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
Chicken Fajita Tacos
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tortillas, flour or corn
- favorite taco toppings, for serving
- Make the fajita seasoning. In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips. Place in the bowl with the fajita seasoning and toss until coated. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions. Cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until starting to soften. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway, until cooked through. Add the cooked peppers and onions back into the pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve over the tortillas with your favorite taco toppings, like avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro.
My favorite toppings for these tacos are sour cream, avocado, cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro. Use whatever toppings you prefer!
Nutritional values (per serving) are approximates only.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 464.6 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 20.8 g
- Cholesterol: 51.7 mg
Keywords: fajitas, tacos, chicken, chicken recipes