Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tenders are a quick and easy weeknight meal or appetizer. They come out super crispy in the air fryer and are much healthier, since they're not fried in a bunch of oil. You could also make baked buffalo chicken tenders if you prefer to make them in the oven.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs (or regular seasoned breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- dash of cayenne (if you like it extra spicy, add more)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce, plus more for serving
- olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400° for 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, add the seasoned breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce. One by one, give each chicken tender a light shake to remove any excess buffalo sauce that may drip off. Add the chicken tender to the breadcrumb mixture and gently toss until completely coated. Place on a plate, then repeat with each chicken tender. Spray both sides of the breaded chicken tenders with olive oil spray.
- Place the chicken tenders in the air fryer basket in one layer. You will likely need to cook these in batches depending on the size of your air fryer. Air fry for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden and cooked through.
- These are crispiest served immediately. Drizzle with more buffalo sauce for serving.
You can bake these in the oven if you don't have an air fryer. Preheat to 400°, and bake for 16-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until crispy and cooked through.
When making these tenders in the air fryer, you may need to make them in 2 or 3 batches. After they're all cooked, just put them all in the air fryer at the same time for about 1 minute to heat them up so they'll all be served warm.