I typically buy an avocado or 2 each week at the grocery store. The other day all the avocados were too soft, except for the 4 packs. Since I love avocados so much, I just went for it and bought the 4 pack. I know they're a great healthy fat, but I still try to limit them to 1 or 2 a week, because healthy fat is still fat. I had a couple in my fridge this morning so whipped up this super quick Egg and Avocado English Muffin. I like my eggs over easy, but you could substitute the over easy eggs for your favorite kind of egg. Fried, (John's favorite), scrambled, poached, or hard boiled. Avocado goes well with any kind of egg! So good!
Heat Olive Oil in a medium skillet on medium low heat.
Flip and cook another minute or so. Careful when flipping so you don't break the yolk!
Spread the mashed Avocado on the 2 halves of toasted English Muffin.
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Avocado, mashed
- 1 Whole Wheat English Muffin, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- Heat Olive Oil in a medium skillet on medium low.
- Once the Olive Oil is heated, crack the 2 eggs into the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until they're mostly set. Flip.
- Cook another minute or so.
- Spread the mashed Avocado on the 2 halves of English Muffin.
- Top each with a slice of cheese.
- Place the eggs on top. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.